Devin Toma: Vocal Instructor and Coach
Devin has taught private and group vocal instruction for over 20 years to hundreds of people of all ages and levels of experience. Many of his students now perform professionally. Much of his teaching career has focused on working with teenage and young adult vocalists, assisting them in developing healthy singing technique as well as establshing technical and stylistic foundations.
- Has owned and operated his own private studio, Toma Vocal Production, for the past 25 years in Utah, Arizona and now Virginia.
- Taught and directed for 10 years at Encore: Academy of Entertainment, a private performance studio for pre-teen through college-age performers.
- Performed with the acclaimed Brigham Young University Young Ambassadors, touring Europe and the US.
- Has professionally directed choirs and choral productions for the past 2 decades.
- Has worked as a professional singer and recording artist.
- Has performed as a soloist in choral works, professional theater and community theater.
- Popular speaker/presenter
"In just a few short lessons, I went from not really understanding the belt register or having any belt technique (having had a more classical training), to producing full-out belt sounds which I could control and sing painlessly. Many vocal instructors who claim to teach belt encourage techniques that incur long term damage to the voice, but Devin has a thorough knowledge of the workings of the vocal cords and teaches a technique that is highly-effective and safe. In addition to his extensive knowledge, Devin is a pleasant, fun, and encouraging instructor."
-- Megan (Arizona), theater major, professional performer/singer and director